Teaching Here

Teaching Here

Neighborhood Highlight

The Community Action Project

Cost Of Living


Average salary is between $32,000 - $34,000




University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, University of Tulsa, John Hopkins University (online)


Possible in less than one year

Subjects And Grade Levels

  • Math
  • Science
  • Pre-Kindergarten
  • Kindergarten
  • Elementary
  • Bilingual Education
  • Special Education 

Regional Expenses

Monthly Salary

Please enter numbers only

Estimated Monthly Expenses

Please enter numbers only

What's Left Over
Ongoing Certification Costs
You may be able to offset ongoing certification costs with an AmeriCorps education award. Learn more.
One Time Summer Start Up Costs
Estimated Start Up and Certification Costs

Certification Information

Common Certification Questions

How is teaching certification structured in this state/region?
Certification can be obtained after passing a content-specific test (Praxis II or OSAT) and completing all Teach For America expectations and programming.

Is it possible to complete a master's degree at the end of the two years?
Yes, but not recommend. (Most corps members do not begin a graduate degree until their second year of teaching).

Is a master's degree required?

Partner Universities?

  • University of Oklahoma – tuition discounts offered for select programs, especially in educational administration. These benefits are usually only available to second-year teachers and alumni.
  • University of Tulsa – tuition discounts and scholarships available for most graduate programs, including those in education, law, and business.
  • Oklahoma State University – scholarships available for teachers pursuing specialty master’s degrees in education.
  • Johns Hopkins University – online program for a M.S. in Education; aligned to the Teaching as Leadership framework.

Certification can be obtained in two to three years depending on route taken. Two years for a Masters Degree (Specialized Alternative Certification - SAC); three years for the non-masters degree route (Alternative Baccalaureate Certification - ABC).